|Available In: Cydia||Price: Free|
Categories, an application that allows you to organize the applications on your SpringBoard into folders, has been updated to version 2.8. The update makes quite a few back-end changes to the app. Check out the complete change log below.
Note: We did have an issue updating Categories on one of our test iPhones. It took all the apps out of the folders and made the folders unable to be deleted. However, I updated Categories on my personal iPhone and I had no issues at all… it kept the folders and all the apps inside them.
Version 2.28 change log:
– Categories now support non-English character names; this includes punctuation
– All category creation/deletion/updating is handled by new CategoryTool
– Categories no longer runs as root
– As part of the non-English support, newly created categories
use a generic /Applications/Category### directory name. To help themers,
Categories.app now lists the path below the name of each category.
– CategoryTool is designed to be used by end-users as well, if they want
to use it. It includes a built-in help that describes the options. (Would require command line support in SSH).